SPECTRUM GEOPHYSICS, INC.
Utility Locator/Geophysical Technician and Field Geophysicist Positions (Southern California USA)
Date Posted: 11/13/2013
Spectrum Geophysics is a small California business which specializes in near surface geophysics and utility location and mapping for the environmental, engineering, geotechnical, and construction design industry. Spectrum Geophysics has been conducting surveys in the Western United States for more than 25 years, and we take pride in our standard of quality and efficiency. We are currently looking for a mid-level geophysicist/utility locator and a field/project geophysicist to support and strengthen our growing business.
Geophysicist/utility locator to be based out of our LA (Chatsworth) office
Field/project geophysicist to be based out of our Orange County (Santa Ana) office
We utilize a combination of EM-61 high-sensitivity metal detection, EM-31 terrain conductivity, cesium vapor magnetics, 3-D GPR, and GPS integrated with utility-locating techniques to provide our clients with valuable subsurface information. Typical projects include UST, oil well, sump, buried drum, rebar and void location, and debris searches, as well as private utility locating.
Larger geophysical surveys include seismic refraction and reflection, electrical resistivity and induced polarization, electromagnetic mapping, downhole seismic, 1D and 2D shear wave profiling using ReMi and MASW, vibration/blast monitoring, magnetics, and GPR surveys for environmental, engineering, and geotechnical based projects. Projects associated with these surveys include landfill and contaminant plume delineation, detailed delineation of groundwater travel paths, seismic rippability, geologic fault studies, shear wave profiling, depth to bedrock, water well siting and aquifer delineation, and void searches.
Most projects are located in Southern/Central California; however travel on short notice is required. Applicants must have great communication skills, a positive attitude, the ability to get along with people, and the ability to adapt to changes in field conditions and work scopes.
A minimum of a BS/BA in Geophysics, Geology, Earth Sciences or closely-related field and two years of field experience is required. We will provide OSHA 8-hour refresher as needed however 40-hour OSHA training is a prerequisite for hire. Qualified candidates need to be physically fit since geophysics fieldwork involves carrying 20-30+ pound instruments for long periods of time over varied terrains. Due to extensive work on US military bases, US citizenship is required
Field geophysicist should be familiar with the collection and processing of near surface geophysical data such as multi-electrode electrical resistivity and IP, MASW, seismic refraction and reflection, GPR and magnetics, and have strong oral and written communication skills for proposals and report writing.
Salary is dependent upon experience. Our benefit package includes: health & dental insurance, vacation, and a 401K plan. To learn more, please visit our website at www.spectrum-geophysics.com. Interested candidates should submit resumes to: email@example.com
Project Geophysicist, Lancaster, PA USA
Date Posted: 11/12/2013
Enviroscan, Inc. (a small, Lancaster, PA-based company specializing exclusively in geophysics) has an immediate opening for a project geophysicist/project manager. Minimum 3-4 years of direct geophysical experience is required.
Candidate will participate in, and be expected to quickly lead, land and marine geophysical field surveys (primarily using GPR, EM, magnetics, resistivity, seismic, and gravity methods), reduce/interpret data, and write reports. Willingness to travel (often on short notice), ability to get along with people, excellent oral and written communication skills are all required.
A minimum of a BS/BA in Geophysics, Geology or closely-related field is also required. Already having your OSHA 40-hour training (with annual updates) is a plus. In addition, qualified candidates need to be physically fit since geophysics fieldwork often involves carrying 20-30-pound instruments for long distances in a wide variety of conditions/terrains.
Salary dependent upon training and experience. Other benefits include: health & dental insurance, vacation, company retirement plan. Due to extensive work on US government sites, US citizenship is required.
Please see our website at www.enviroscan.com
Qualified candidates please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FUGRO CONSULTANTS INC.
Field Geophysicist and Project Geophysicist Positions
Date Posted: 11/12/2013
Field Geophysicist and Project Geophysicist Positions
As part of the worldwide Fugro Group of companies, Fugro Consultants, Inc. provides geotechnical engineering services in the US, Canada, Central and South America. Due our increasing workload, we are currently looking to strengthen and expand our geophysics group, which provides near-surface geophysical survey services for engineering, environmental, structural and subsurface utility engineering investigations.
Full-time and contract positions have become available for Field Geophysicist and Project Geophysicist positions at our head office in Houston, Texas.
The Field Geophysicist will be responsible for:
- Acquisition of geophysical data in the field;
- Supervision of Geophysical Technicians in the field;
- Preliminary reduction and processing of geophysical data;
- Show an awareness of the implementation of project risk control and risk management;
The requirements for the position are:
- BS (or higher) in Geophysics desired, related disciplines will be considered;
- Experience with the collection of near-surface geophysical data advantageous (Ground Penetrating Radar, Electromagnetic Mapping, Electrical Resistivity Tomography, Seismic Refraction, MASW and Wireline Logging);
- Good communication skills;
- Valid drivers license with acceptable motor vehicle record;
- Willingness to travel and work for extended periods in the field.
For the Project Geophysicist position, in addition to the requirements above, the candidate is expected to be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and experience to fulfill the following additional requirements and duties:
- 5 or more years industry experience, professional license preferred;
- A thorough knowledge of the collection, quality control, data processing and interpretation of the near-surface geophysical techniques outlined above;
- Be able to direct, review and oversee medium to large, domestic and overseas projects;
- Competent at writing technical / interpretative reports and / or papers;
- Liaising with Clients, Property Owners and other Stakeholders;
- Assist with training and development of junior staff.
These positions are not suitable for candidates with experienced only in oil and gas exploration, seismic reflection acquisition, analysis and processing.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to FCLjobs@fugro.com, or via mail to Human Resources Manager, Fugro Consultants, Inc. 6100 Hillcroft, Houston, TX 77081.
THE DEPARTMENT OF EARTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA
Assistant Professor in Geophysics
Date Posted: 6/19/2013
The Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences at the University of Iowa invites applications for a full time tenure-track position in the broad area of geophysics. Requirements for this position are a Ph.D. in a geophysical discipline at the time of appointment and research interests that include the environmental and sustainability aspects of the geophysical sciences. The ideal candidate will have a significant record of publication and other achievements that demonstrate a strong potential to develop a nationally and internationally recognized, externally funded research program. Post-doctoral experience and demonstrated effectiveness in college-level teaching are desirable attributes. The successful candidate will be expected to attract and mentor graduate students as well as teach an introductory geophysics course and other undergraduate and graduate level courses.
Candidates should submit applications online at http://jobs.uiowa.edu/ (requisition #63146). In addition to curriculum vitae, the application should include a cover letter, a statement of teaching interests, evidence of teaching ability, and a statement that describes current and future research activities. Three letters of recommendation should be mailed to: Dr. Christopher Brochu, Search Committee Chair, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 (1-319-353-1808; email@example.com). Screening of applications begins November 15, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Brochu or Dr. Mark Reagan (EES Department Chair; 1-319-335-1820; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Department and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are strongly committed to gender and ethnic diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The University of Iowa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Date Posted: 6/19/2013
Groundwater is one of the most precious resources on the planet and yet it is one of the most difficult to find, map or characterize. Willowstick Technologies is in the business of helping clients identify and better understand their groundwater related issues.
Willowstick Technologies is an up and coming company with an innovative technology and a proven track record. We have been in business for 9 years and continue to work with some of the largest and most sophisticated companies in the world. We have clients in industries ranging from mining, environmental, oil, power generation and regulatory agencies. We enjoy nearly 80% repeat business with from our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and manage pipeline including identifying and cold calling new prospects
• Maintain and keep updated sales pipeline including weekly activity reports
• Schedule appointments
• Visit potential clients.
• Qualify prospects
• Identify potential client needs, budget, urgency and fit with Willowstick
• Write and deliver proposals
• Conduct site visits on prospective projects
• Manage client needs and issues on a timely basis before, during and after project
• Attend tradeshows, conferences and seminars. Develop and manage partners and sales associates.
• Develop environmental segment of Willowstick’s business.
• Work with environmentally focused consulting firms to educate them about Willowstick and the benefits of this technique to their clients. Conduct lunch and learns and brown bag events with consultants.
• Experience with building own pipeline from scratch as well as managing existing clients
• Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
• Sales experience with environmental characterization and remediation products.
• Strong time management skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Strong verbal and writing skills
• Extensive networking and business development skills
• International sales experience preferred
• 50% travel including some international
• Experience selling to large consulting firms with Hydrologic/Hydrogeologic focus
• Strong communications and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to groups of 50+ people
• Technical sales background (Hydrogeology, geophysics, physics) is a plus
• Geophysical background is a huge advantage
• Consulting background a plus
• Current valid drivers license and passport
• 4 year college degree
Minimum Relevant Work Experience:
• 8-10 years business to business outside sales experience
• Proven sales track record
Please send resumes/communications to email@example.com
GEL GEOPHYSICS, LLC
Date Posted: 2/22/2013
Why Work for us?
GEL Geophysics provides state-of-the-art, near surface and down-hole geophysical services to clients throughout the United States. We are seeking outstanding professionals who can join us in solving challenging problems in the infrastructure, environmental and natural resources sectors.
Our goal is to apply our subsurface investigation skills to improve our clients’ bottom lines and reduce their risks. We are committed to offering the latest technologies and services. To this end, we employ and train customer-focused staff with exceptional attitudes and technical skills. We are proud of our culture of innovation and our focus on quality.
The Durham, North Carolina office of GEL Geophysics is currently seeking a Geophysicist to support our growth in the North Carolina region.
The geophysicist will be responsible for performing and assisting with surface and borehole geophysical survey planning, proposal preparation, project budgeting, data collection, data interpretation and report preparation. You will integrate closely with other geoscientists to complete projects. Typical projects use GPR, EM, ERI, magnetometer, seismic and various borehole logging methods to characterize the subsurface for environmental and engineering applications. The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years relevant experience.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in Geophysics or related field is required
• Proven track record in sales and marketing a plus
• Experience with underground utility locating equipment and Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) a plus
• Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to understand and carry out written instructions to complete assignments with minimum supervision and within specific deadlines.
• Ability to maintain concise field notes and sketches
• Ability to read and use construction drawings
• Ability to travel
• Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
• Ability to pass background check and drug test
Please send resume with cover letter and salary history to: Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 30712, Charleston, SC 29417; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax (843) 571-7153. EOE M/F/D/V
Date Posted: 1/17/2013
TerranearPMC LLC is looking to fill the following geophysicist position: Mid-Level Geophysicist with 2 plus years experience performing MMRP geophysics. A Bachelors or Masters Degree of Science in Geophysics or other science degree. The applicant must have a proficiency performing DGM Data Collection and performing QC and production data processing utilizing Oasis Montaj UXO Modules. Data collection or processing experience with advanced sensor systems such as Metal Mapper is a plus. Extended travel up to several months may be possible. Possible office locations would be in one of our offices in Pennsylvania or Albuquerque, New Mexico.
TPMC is a high-energy company filled with dynamic individuals with diverse backgrounds. We are looking for those who share our passion for quality, commitment to self-improvement, and desire to make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a rewarding work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send questions and/or resumes to Jeffrey Leberfinger, Senior Geophysicist at email@example.com.